Important architectural decisions that were once made get lost, forgotten or are not communicated effectively.
Symptoms and Consequences:
- People forget or don’t know a decision was made.
- The same decision is made more than once, possibly differently.
- New people joining the project don’t understand why a decision was made.
- Capture important decisions in the “Architectural Decisions” work product.
- Ensure a process is in place for making and ratifying decisions (maybe a Design Authority responsibility).
- Ensure decisions get known about by all the right people.